Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ronnie & Caro The (Costume) Review

So, last night, Ronnie & Caro, presented Survivors. Trust me, them other bands have NOTHING on Ronnie & Caro....... Kris, attended on behalf of BOTH blogs and he took pics for us. The review, is basically how and what I like in a costume.







Guardian Angel : I LOVE this section, I see not a FAULT in it. I am actually convincing my mom to play in this section but she is not a fan of a white costume. Other than that GREAT COSTUME, love the whole idea of the section and I think this will be the Africa of the Survivors.

Fire on the Hills : Never enough heat in Ronnie & Caro, this section is TOTALLY on fire and may burn the whole of Port of Spain down, come Carnival Tuesday. The male has too much bib, but I think it is what some male want, after all they cater for EVERYONE.

Go Green : I think I going green with this one. I like the bush effect and the combination of greens used in this costume. Go green was also worn by Caro on the front of the Costume Booklet.

SURVIVAL OF THE MEXICAN AZTEC DANCERS aka The Guest section : This section is produced and designed by Ken Defratis. The costume is a really nice yellow, and I sure the sun will have a time. It is a WONDERFUL costume, and I think alot of thought was put into it, just by hearing the name.

Global Warming : What could I say, beside a beautiful BABY pink costume contrasted with gold ?

Tsunami : My mom's favourite and my second favourite (nobody could beat that Guardian Angel). This seems like it will surely sell out as fast as Guardian Angel. Definately a wonderful costume but I never see a blue costume I don't like.

Earthquke : I expected a dust grey colour from Earthquke or even Island People's fvourite colour, d' beige colour (yuh know what ah mean). After all, this looked great and maybe was inspired by Hati.

Smoke Pollution : The models worked this sections from the pictures I saw, and the SOLD IT right OUT. I like this costume and I'm sure it will be a hit.

Bird Flu : Neither here nor there with me, but it's pink, so the ladies will surely gravitate towards it.

Carnival : Lots of bands ain't SURVIVED carnival (RIP all the bands who died BTW whey Evolution and Skandal Us). Really nice costume and the male was really nice, I love the idea of Uncle Ronnie's signature accessory at Carnival time, his hat.

All in all GREAT presentation by Ronnie & Caro. All d' bad talk my band get, be sure to remember that they won Medium Band of the Year, three years in a row (since inception in 2008).

For the pics and section names, vistit Kris @http://www.trinidadevents.com/2010/08/ronnie-and-caro-post-band-launch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment