Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Late Review

I know I am VERY late to do this review on Ronnie&Caro 2010-Tribute, but they say better late than never. This was not my first time playing with them but this was just the MOST memorable costume. I played in the section Africa, which on Carnival Tuesday was section number one. My mother was in Saucy in the Market Place, my aunt was in Fancy Sailors, my cousin in City of Gold and a next cousin in Africa with me. The Individual of the Year was my cousin, who was leading the section, Africa as he potrayed 'D' Head Hunter'.

Monday, surprisingly, we were all early. We met the band infront of the mascamp where I took one for the road (a Battery) then chipped the day through. When we reaced by the savannah, I MASHED up the stage with my PALANCE. At about 6:30 we headed out of Port of Spain.

Tuesday was my day, although my feet were killing me. I airbrushed my face carnival Sunday so that was less of my worries. The house was full, so there was enough help for everyone to adjust their costume. Before jumping in the maxi, the sprayed me with glitter and sun screen. When we arrived into Port of Spain, the band was now getting ready to line up so I had breakfast seeing that I did not sleep or eat. Breakfast was a HOT bake and shark and of course drinks as you go. Our FIRST judging point was Downtown. We wowed the judges, ALL costumes were SUPERSTARS on the road.

We slowly worked our way up to the savannah but was blocked by Island People & Tribe. We made the best of it. The staff served Pizza, Sussage Rolls, Pies, Lollies and MANY other snacks. I made use of the NON ALCHOLIC bar and the lollies. After crossing the savannah we had lunch at the Woodbrook Park. Last point was The Avenue when the band started to break up.

After all Ronnie&Caro is THE ULTIME MEDIUM BAND EXPERIENCE and I will reccomend them TO ANYBODY !!! Here is a picture of me before we crossed the Savannah that my dad took!

No comments:

Post a Comment